Indian Spiced Eggplant with Mushrooms
- 2 medium onions (peeled and diced)
- 1 large Red Bell peppers seeded and diced
- 1 large Portobello mushroom cap diced
- 2 medium Eggplants stemmed, peeled and cut into ½ inch dice
- 2 large Tomatoes Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger powder
- 2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- ½ tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- ½ bunch Scallions chopped
- Pinch of Cloves
- Place your onions and peppers in a large saucepan and sauté over medium heat for 10 minutes, adding water 2 teaspoons at a tome to keep the vegetables from sticking to the pan.
- Add your mushrooms, eggplant, tomatoes, ginger, cumin, coriander, black pepper, red pepper flakes, scallions and cloves.
- Cook until the eggplant for 20 minutes or until it is tender, add a quarter cups of water if needed.
- Enjoy with brown rice for a complete meal.