Chickpea Noodle Soup
This recipe is a vegan spin to your traditional chicken noodle soup, Using chickpeas as your replacement source of protein and a rich source of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Large Pot
- 1 Onion Peel, Chopped fine
- 3 Carrots peeled and sliced ¼ inch thick
- 2 Celery ribs sliced ¼ inch thick
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ¾ tsp dried thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 6 cups Vegetable Broth
- 2 15- ounce can Chickpeas (rinsed)
- ½ cup Ditalini pasta
- 1 tbsp Parsley flakes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot add a tbsp water, onion, carrots, celery, and ¼ tsp pepper and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Adding 1 tbsp
- Stir in nutritional yeast, thyme. parsley and bay leaves allowing to cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Stir in your broth and chickpeas bringing them to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, partially covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, increase heat to medium-high for 10 minutes or until just tender. Turn of the heat. Serve Hot. Enjoy!!