Cashew Sauce Mac and Cheese
Here is a childhood comfort food turned vegan. using cashews as a cheese alternative. Cashews are a great plant protein, they are low in sugar and rich in fiber. Cashews are also a good source of copper magnesium and manganese.
- Large Pot
- Small pot
- 1 Box Macaroni or Ditalini Pasta Cooked
- 1 cup Cashews Raw
- ¼ cup Avocado Oil
- 2 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 cups Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- ½ cup Water
- 1 tsp Himalayan or Sea salt
- 1 dash Black pepper
- 1 dash Chive Flakes
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Cook your Macaroni with Alkaline water and 1 tsp of salt and Avocado oil follow directions on packaging. Once fully cooked, drain and set to side in a large bowl.
- Boil your cashews in a small pot with water and a pinch of salt for 30 to 40 minutes
- Once your cashews are completely boiled, drain the water and transfer your cashews to a blender. Add your Avocado oil, Almond milk, Onion Powder, Paprika, Salt, Nutritional Yeast, Black Pepper, Garlic powder, Onion Powder, Water and Chives Flakes. Blend until your ingredients are well combined.
- Take your Cashew sauce and pour it over your Macaroni.
- Add Vegan butter and combine your cheese sauce, to create a creamy mac and cheese.
- For baked Mac and cheese, simply add your mac and cheese to a lightly oiled baking pan, Heat for 10 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve hot. Enjoy.