Mrs. In10sity’s Stewed Mushrooms
Need a way to make a vegan alternative to stewed chicken or beef? Here I have stewed mushroom that packs a punch on the flavor scale.
- Large Portabella Mushrooms Diced Medium sized
- ¼ cup Tomato sauce
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp or Avocado oil or 3 tbsp Alkaline water for Oil free
- First, take your Large portabella mushrooms, remove the stem and quickly rinse them with alkaline water.
- Dice your Mushrooms into Medium to Large squares/ chunks and place them into a small pot with Avocado Oil or 3 tbsp of water. Be sure your heat is on medium to high.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes then add your Tomato sauce, Salt, Garlic Powder, Black pepper, stir and allow to cook until it forms a darker gravy.
This can be combined with steamed broccoli and other side of choice to create a tasty, vegan platter. I used steamed broccoli, fried ripe plantains and vegan corn bread for this one.