Mashed Butternut Squash
Here is a low carb side dish that is an abundant source of powerful antioxidants, including Vitamin C, Vitamin E and beta-carotene. Antioxidants help prevent or slows down cellular damage and reduces inflammation.
- 1 Butternut Squash or Bag of frozen Squash
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Dried Onion seasoning
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- ¼ tsp Himalayan Salt Optional
- Cut skin off your Squash, be sure to remove seeds.
- Cut into 5 pieces/ chunks.
- Place your Squash in a medium pot with water to boil.
- Allow your Squash to boil until tender.
- Once your Squash is tender, Drain and transfer to a smaller pot or bowl.
- At this time, use a fork to mash your squash and mix in your seasonings, This mashed Squash is a great low carb, Fat free side to add to your dishes. Serve Hot, Enjoy.
To ensure your squash is tender and fully cooked, stick a knife in it, once the knife easily slides through the squash you know it is ready for the next step.