Caribbean Jackfruit "fish" Fritters
Sometimes a weekend brunch calls for something more exotic here is a Caribbean inspired recipe! Caribbean Jackfruit (fish) fritters!
- Measuring cup
- Frying Pan
- Mixing bowl
- 2 15 oz. cans Jackfruit drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Himalayan Salt
- 1 pack Nori Flakes
- 1 small Onion finely chopped
- 4 Scallions chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Parsley Flakes
- 1 1/2 cup Chickpea Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- First, rinse your canned jackfruit and squeeze out the excess water from them. Cut the hard tips and remove the seeds of the jack fruit then put the stringy meaty parts to create shredded Jackfruit. Place jackfruit in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Finely chop your onions and scallions, carefully adding them in the bowl with the jackfruit, add your crushed nori flakes, parsley flakes, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, baking powder and chickpea flour, mixing together until well combined
- Heat your frying pan on medium heat, using a tablespoon or two of avocado oil.
- Using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop out your batter into the oil, use a spatula to help form flattened disk like fritters.
- Allow to cook for 3 minutes or until golden on each side. Enjoy
This can be served as a side dish or appetizer with your sauce or choice.