Barbeque Spiced Grilled Eggplant Steaks
Looking for something to barbeque as the weather gets warmer? How about barbecued eggplant?
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp Mexican blend Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1/2 Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp Black pepper
- 2 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1/2 of Fresh squeezed Lemon juice
- 1/4 Liquid Aminos
- 2 tbsp of Coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp Avocado Oil /plus more for grilling)
- 1/4 cup Honey Barbecue sauce
- 1 tbsp Tamari Sauce optional
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tbsp Vegan Butter
- 1/4 fresh squeezed Lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp Avocado Oil
- Heat your oven grill on medium to high heat.
- Wash and Slice your Eggplant lenthwise into 1/2 to 1 inch- thick "steaks" and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl mix together your cinnamon. mexican seasoning, chili powder, salt, minced garlic, lemon juice, liquid aminos, cococnut sugar, Avocado oil, barbeque sauce, tamari sauce and some chopped green onions (be sure to leave some green onions for garmishing also). Taste your sauce and adjust the flavor if you need to.
- Take your eggplant and marinade them using a spoon of brush to coat each slice with your sauce on one side.
- Oil your oven grill, and place your Eggplant with the marinated side facing down and allow to grill for 7 minutes on one side while coating the top side with your sauce in preparation to turn with a spatula and grill the other side for 10 minutes or until your eggplant is tender
- Flip your eggplant once again on both sides. coating it with more of your sauce and allowing it to cook for 4 more minutes to ensure that your eggplant is well cooked ansd well flavored.
- do this with all of your eggplant "steaks".
- For the Cauliflower rice, heat a skillet or large frying pan on medium to high heat.
- Add your frozen caulifower, butter, lemon juice, dried parsley, salt, minced garlic and oil.
- Carefully stir and combine all the ingredients in your pan for 5 minutes or until your cauliflower appears to be fully cooked and tender.
- On a plate add your Cauliflower rice and your Eggplant "steak" and serve hot along with steamed vegetable of your choice. Enjoy!