Ashwagandha is commonly known as the Indian Winter Cherry or Indian Ginseng. Ashwagandha is commonly available as a churna which is a powder mixed with water, butter or honey. This is widely used in Ayurvedic medicines and has been an ancient remedy for years.
The herb is native to dry regions of India, Australia, Eastern Asia and Africa. Usage of this herb ranges back to thousands of years, and important herb in the creation of Ayurveda medicines.
The growth is abundant in India, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Ashwagandha herb has been used to treat a number of medical conditions and is said to provide many benefits such as.
- Reducing Stress.
- Improving Memory and Concentration.\
- Improving fertility.
- To be Beneficial for the nervous system.
- Joint pains.
- A great herb for fitness.
- It Can Reduce Blood Sugar Levels.
- It Has Anti-Cancer Properties.
- It Can Reduce Cortisol Levels.
- It May Help Reduce Stress and Anxiety.
- It May Reduce Symptoms of Depression.
- It Can Boost Testosterone.
- Has been known to increase Fertility in Men.
- Has been used for Muscle mass.
- It May Reduce Inflammation.
- It May Lower Cholesterol and Triglycerides.
- It May Improve Brain Function, Including Memory.
- Has been used to reduce side effects associated with medications called antipsychotics.
- Bipolar disorder.
- A brain condition called cerebellar ataxia.
- Underactive thyroid (hypothyroidism).
- Parkinson’s disease.
- Altering immune system function.
- Induced vomiting.
- Liver problems.
- Preventing the signs of aging.
- Swelling (inflammation).